The WorkSmart Network’s information session is your first step to access a host of employment and training services and resources right here in South Central Wisconsin. To make the most of your time during and after the session, here’s what you’ll need to do before you attend.
Before the Session
Before you arrive you’ll need to:
- Register as a user on the Job Center of Wisconsin website. It takes just minutes to register and gives you access to the State’s premiere job bank and other employment-related resources. Plus, it’ll help you speed up the process to review and connect with WorkSmart and partner services and resources.
- Register with Selective Services* if you have not done so already.
*This applies only to males born on or after January 1, 1960.
What to Bring
During the session, we may review your eligibility and readiness for available programs and services – including those under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). To help us better serve you and fast-track the process, please bring verification documents to the session from each of the following categories as they apply:
Proof of Birth Date/Age
Please bring with you an official document listing your date of birth. Examples may include
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license (must include expiration date)
- State-issued Wisconsin ID card (must include expiration date)
Eligibility to Work
Please bring with you an official document verifying proof of authorization to work in the U.S. Examples may include:
- U.S. social security card issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth certificate
- Unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by the INS
- Unexpired foreign passport, with I-551 stamp or attached INS Form I-94 indicating unexpired employment authorization
- Immigrant/Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (INS Form I-151 or I-551)
Selective Service Registrant Status
If you are male 18 yeas of age or older born on or after January 1, 1960, please bring with you a document verifying proof of Selective Service registration. Examples may include:
- Screen printout from the Selective Service Verification website
- Selective Service Registration card
- Acknowledgement letter
- Form DD-214 (Report of Transfer or Discharge)
Please bring with you official document(s) to verify your income. Examples may include:
- Most recent tax return supported by IRS documents
- Dated pay check stubs
- Official document proving you are a member of a family receiving or in the past 6 months has received assistance through state or local income-based public assistance. Programs may include FoodShare, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or the Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Proof of Dislocation/Layoff Status
Have you been dislocated (laid-off) from employment within the last 5 years as a result of a permanent plant or facility closing or substantial layoff regardless of work history and there is no recall date from the employer? If so, please bring with you proof verifying your layoff status from the following two categories:
Notification of dislocation from employment with no specific recall date from employer
Examples may include:
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) notice
- Employer or union representative letter or statement
Proof of previous work history (for last 2 years)
Examples may include:
- Pay check stubs
- W-2 and/or ta returns
- Unemployment insurance records
If you have questions prior to the session, please contact the representative listed on your information session registration email notification. If you didn’t receive the email, please check your spam folder.
Need Special Accommodations?
We’re committed to ensuring that access to services under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is available for all individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need special accommodations for the session, please contact the representative listed on your registration email notification for assistance to make arrangements. As a reminder, childcare is NOT provided during the session. Please make arrangements in advance.