Foundations for the Trades is your chance to learn the necessary skills to be immediately productive on work sites in the construction and utilities industry. The six-week program can also prepare you for entry into an apprenticeship training program.
During this accelerated training program, you’ll focus on learning important industry skills and concepts. Next, you’ll have a chance to apply your new skills during a hands-on experience. Once you’ve successfully completed the program, we’ll help you take the next steps toward pursuing an apprenticeship or employment in the field. Foundations for the Trades will provide you an opportunity to:
- Develop your blueprint reading, hand and power tools, construction math and measuring and trades safety skills, and also help you prepare for an apprenticeship exam.
- Apply your new skills to real projects as part of a paid, hands-on experience during the program.
- Get coaching on: marketing your skills on a resume, performing job searches and communicating your abilities to employers during the interview.
- Earn your certification in both CPR and OSHA Safety and complete 4 of 6 Pre-Apprenticeship Certification Training (PACT) modules, which is an industry-recognized credential.
- Discover high-growth, high-wage trades career pathways available right here in South Central Wisconsin.
The Foundations for the Trades training program is available to low income eligible adults and dislocated workers who have a valid letter of layoff from the company or can prove they were previously self-employed. The program is available to eligible participants at no cost. All participants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. For more information, please contact us.
All interested candidates need to attend an information session prior to program admission. Sessions are scheduled for: Wednesday, January 29 at 9:00am-1:00pm at the Urban League of Greater Madison, located at 2222 S. Park St., Madison, WI; and, Thursday, January 30 1:00-5:00pm at the Urban League of Greater Madison, located at 2222 S. Park St., Madison, WI.
Contact & More Info
Contact our WorkSmart representative, Arlene Haumschild, at +1 920 675 4608 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up for an information session or to learn more.
Program partners include Urban League of Greater Madison, Construction Training, Inc. START Program, Operation Fresh Start and WorkSmart.